Dealing with Life’s Evil Attracts
Despite our positive attitude and the energy we draw from God and the universe, the evil forces in life will continue to attack us on a regular basis.
I am not a preacher. I am a Catholic and a Christian, so I believe there is an invisible battle on earth between good and evil. You can name the players in this battle if you choose, but more important then their names is realizing they exist. What is this battle over? Your SOUL and Psychology Today points to more and more evidence of the souls existance.
In my 64-year search for truth, I have found that most people that do not believe in the existance of the soul have this belief based on some tragedy that took place somewhere in their lives. The loss of a loved one or financial devastation from a major health issue are but two examples. I was recently diagnosed with #ALS, http://www.alsa.org/about-als/what-is-als.html possibly one of the cruelest diseases that anyone could suffer. So, I feel evil will attack us as a way to pull us away from the good and ultimatly controll our souls. How easy would it be to turn to the dark side and say “I hate God?” This I believe is exactly how the battle for good and evil manifests itself.
In our lifetime, if we decide to turn away from goodness, then evil has won. I will not pretend to act as if I know what’s on the other side, but I can choose to believe in what I want. But hey, it is a 50 -50 chance and I don’t do well gambling. So, I choose to follow the good.
Here are my seven steps to defend yourself against dark attacks:
- Read something positive daily. I am reading a great book called Imagine Heaven https://www.christianbook.com/imagine-experiences about people who have had near death experiences.
- Avoid negative people who dump their problems on you.
- Try to be thankful and think positively all the time. It is impossible to think positively and negatively at the same time (try it).
- Think about how you can change the negative influences in your life. With my ALS diagnosis, I decided to live everyday to its fullest by making a plan to keep positive daily.
- Be thankful for what you have. It is so easy for us to forget about all the good things in our life, especially when the dark side is attacking.
- Remember that you are not alone. We all feel attacked by dark forces at some point. What matters is how we choose to handle them.
- You need to decide what you truly believe in. There is a Blood, Sweat & Tears song that goes I know there ain’t no heaven and I pray there ain’t no hell. Good luck with that thought process.